We have a requirement for a Business Development Manager to work in a large Aluminium and Stainless-Steel Stockholder based in Newcastle.
Our Client is a market leading metals stockholder who are seeking a highly motivated, driven and skilled Business Development Manager to service new and existing business.
Requirements- What we need from you
- Ability to sell/upsell– Your daily duties will involve pro-actively seeking out new opportunities; as well as the ability to build strong relationships with new and existing businesses.
- Negotiating– It is imperative that the successful candidate has the ability to negotiate to achieve the best returns on investments.
- Communication– Candidates must have the ability to communicate information clearly and be adaptable to vary your communication style to suit different clients.
- Experience in metals– Successful candidates will have experience within the metals sector, thus, have knowledge of standard products, including basic grades, specifications and finishes. Experience may include but not limited to any of the following; Stainless Steel, Copper, Brass, Aluminium, Plates, Sheets, Bars, Tubes, Pipes as well as fitting and flanges.
- Account builder – It is imperative that successful candidates have a history within the industry servicing and growing customer accounts.
Our client services the North East with Aluminium and Stainless products. The company are looking for a candidate to service the North East client base which includes general engineering, fabrication and manufacturing clients of which require different specifications and expertise.
Our Client need a candidate who is highly skilled, motivated and well-connected within the industry to help work on improving and developing the commercial side of this expanding business.
This role is suited to a candidate who is driven to generate sales and is motivated to maximise profit within a commercially minded team to ensure the continued growth of the business.
Our Client have lots of great things to offer to the successful candidates including a good bonus structure.
Full support will be provided, including an initial training period when you start working for the company.
Examples of What You Will Be Doing Right Away
From the moment you start at the Company you will be hands on in the commercial side of the business. You will be working under the leadership of the General Manager carrying out daily duties which include:
- Identifying and establishing new customers either by geographical region, market sector or product portfolio.
- Visiting existing or new clients gaining an understanding of their business needs and developing an understanding of how best you can service them.
- Recording all customer orders efficiently and accurately.
- Identifying new opportunities on new or existing customers to maximise profit for the company.
- Achieving the product targets set for each allocated customer.
- Meeting and where possible exceeding the gross profit target for each allocated customer.
- Ensuring you respond to all customer enquiries in a professional manner and within a timescale agreed.
- Maintaining and recording accurate and easily accessible information for all allocated customers.
- 30k – 35k (based on experience) – To be discussed at interview
- Working hours 09:00 to 17:00 – Monday to Friday
- Company Pension
- 25 days holiday (excluding 3 days holiday over Christmas and New Year)
This could be a start to a long and secured career within the commercial side of the Company.
Any queries please do not hesitate to get in contact with Michael from Comton Group on
0121 285 4287 or [email protected]