ABOUT THE ROLE
The Lead Engineer (Mechanical) is responsible for managing staff and craft labour resources and ensuring efficient services are provided to all internal and external customers within agreed budgets and to agreed standards. To meet these requirements the jobholder must have the ability to implement major decisions and obtain expert advice where required.
The Lead Engineer (Mechanical) will be constantly dealing with immediate and longer-term issues simultaneously amidst the normal day-to-day managerial workload.
The role requires an individual who can develop best practice maintenance techniques and repair services within the constraints of agreed budgets and developing and managing resources that meet the requirements and expectations of the business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Lead Engineer (Mechanical) is responsible for
- Implementing safe working practices and procedures within his department to comply with all aspects of Health and Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Provision of reactive and preventative maintenance to electrical plant of a heavy engineering plant.
- Working to a good standard of health and safety in a team working environment.
- Ensuring that the Engineering Department achieves optimum plant availability. Recommending and directing actions to correct adverse deviations.
- Monitoring annual engineering expenditure in accordance with defined standards and negotiate contracts as required.
- Continuous monitoring/appraisal of plant and equipment performance, compilation and presentation of capital expenditure submissions to improve plant performance, availability, reduce costs and improve plant assets.
- Ensuring that all legislative requirements are satisfied by establishing and maintaining statutory and mandatory equipment registers. Ensure regular monitoring and maintenance of environmental control equipment.
- Directing and authorising future design and development requirements to meet strategy and capital plans.
- 35 days holiday
- Competitive pension scheme
- Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- Access to Advantage and Employee Assistance Programme