We have a requirement for an Operations Manager to join a growing precision engineering (sheet metal) business located in Nottingham.
Our Clients seek a candidate who is operationally astute with a proven track record within engineering/manufacturing and people management.
Requirements- What we need from you
- Line Management – Your daily duties will include; management of staffing levels, overseeing of the workshop and ensuring the KPI’s are achieved. This will require you to have a strong and in-depth knowledge of production lines from previous roles.
- Ability to identify/implement new processes – It is imperative that the successful candidate can identify areas for improvement and implement processes that ensure the most cost-effective running of the operations side of the business.
- Commercially minded – Your role within operations will require you to provide support to the commercially driven sales team to provide lead times, stock levels and costings for fabricated goods. This will require you to have a commercial understanding.
- Experience within relevant sectors – It would be advantageous for the applying candidates to have previous experience within engineering or metal sectors. This is to ensure you are adept with the relevant skills to function in both an operational and commercial capacity.
- Product Knowledge – It would be advantageous if you have worked within a sheet metal or fabrication business. A working knowledge of CNC machinery or laser cutting machinery would be helpful.
- Engineering drawings – You will be required to read technical engineering drawings so you must have previous experience in doing this.
The Operations Manager will be responsible and accountable for the overall performance and 24/7 operational activity of the primary and largest division of the business. The Operations Manager will be expected to focus on maintaining business standards, improving all operational areas and functions, people management and people development. The primary objective will be to maximise profit whilst increasing turnover, improving on-time delivery and reducing internal and external rejects.
The successful applicant will be responsible for leading, managing and developing a team that oversees the entire manufacturing value stream from production planning, material ordering and receiving, through laser cutting and folding, to despatch.
Examples of What You Will Be Doing Right Away
From the moment you start at the Company you will be hands on in the operational side of the business. You will be working under the leadership of the Managing Director carrying out daily duties which include but not limited to:
- Managing a team of warehouse operatives
- Organising and managing shift patterns
- Liaise with Commercial side of the company with lead times etc
- Monitor and forecast production levels
- Ensure the safe packing orders to customer specifications
- Leading and facilitating business and process improvements
- Lead management team, including 1-1s, and performance reviews
- People and personal development
- Ensure process compliance
- Lead company HSE requirements
- Lead 5s principles and expectations
- Resource and equipment management
- Project Management
- Monitor the receival of goods into the warehouse
- Ensure labelling of consignments is maintained to a high standard
- Ensure that the highest health and safety levels are maintained within the warehouse
- £40 – 55k per annum
- Company Pension
- Bonus scheme
- Employee owned business (own shares within the business)
- 25 days holiday (excluding 3 days holiday over Christmas and New Year)
You will be an important and valued member of the workforce at the Company, so this will be a great opportunity to flourish at within a growing engineering company.
This could be a start to a long and secured career within the operational side of the Company.
Any queries please do not hesitate to get in contact Comton Group on 0121 285 4287